A.S.I. is a not-for-profit student run auxiliary. A.S.I. is governed by a student Board of Directors who are elected each year by the student body of Cal State L.A. A.S.I. is the officially recognized voice of the students since 1959. A.S.I. representatives continually advocate for student issues.
Our Purpose “For the students, by the students.”
The purpose of Associated Students, Inc. is to:
- provide and promote opportunities for student participation in campus governance.
- provide an official voice through which student opinion may be expressed.
- provide an opportunity for students to gain experience and training in responsible civic participation and community leadership.
- advocate for the rights and interests of students.
- support the educational, social, physical and cultural well being of the university community.
Our 2013-14 Vision:
A.S.I. advocates for a student-centered campus that is academically enriched and committed to student empowerment, leadership development, and involvement opportunities.
Important Quick Links:
- Who are your Representatives? Connect with them.
- A.S.I. Budget & Financial Matters
- Governing Documents
- How to Get Involved
- We Support Clubs & Organizations
- Services & Programs
How to Contact Us:
The A.S.I. Administrative Office is located in room 203 in the University-Student Union.
Know that we pride ourselves on being the official voice of students at Cal State L.A. and encourage you to stop by the office to meet with your campus representatives during their office hours.
Administrative Office Hours of Operation
Office Hours: Monday - Friday: 8 am - 5:30 pm
5154 State University Dr. U-SU Room 203
Los Angeles, CA 90032
Phone: (323) 343-4778
Fax: (323) 343-6420